The global automotive airbag industry includes a diverse cross-section of industries including automotive, specialty chemicals & propellants, industrial fabrics, fabricated steel, wire mesh, plastics, silicone and advanced electronics. Valient Automotive is the world’s leading authority in the field of airbag market research.
Understanding this industry’s unique structure, technological innovations and key drivers are critical elements for success. Vehicle manufacturers, Tier 1-2-3 original equipment airbag and aftermarket suppliers and investment firms around the world depend on Valient Airbag Market Research for insightful airbag industry market research, competitive intelligence products and management consultation services. Utilizing the latest Internet-based primary and secondary market research data collection and reporting technologies, we deliver superior results, insightful analysis and solid, fact-driven strategic recommendations.
The Global Automotive Airbag Market Outlook Study Program
Valient Automotive Market Research’s The Global Automotive Airbag Market Outlook study program is the largest and most comprehensive analysis of the automotive airbag industry available today. Authored by twenty-five year airbag industry veteran Scott D. Upham, this study examines the future of the industry including industry newcomers, influence of new regulatory safety standards, maturation of the major Tier 1 airbag module supply base, emerging technological innovations and the rapidly expanding global supply chain. The study covers the entire airbag module supply chain including inflators, cushions, initiators, filters, covers, tubes, connectors, fasteners, cap & tube components, retainers, vents, accumulators, sensors, electronic control units (ECU) and base materials including propellant formulations, plastics, fabrics, fibers, coatings, electronic components and metal-based alloys.
Published annually, this 5,000 page study contains the results of over 150+ qualitative in-depth interviews with global automotive industry decision makers, primary research-based quantitative volumetric airbag module forecast and expert analysis of over 200,000 pages of secondary research source material to provide unparalleled insight into the automotive industry’s most dynamic and diverse safety system sector.
At the heart of this study is a comprehensive airbag module production forecast that includes a volumetric view of airbag module production for the 2012-2018 calendar year window. This model-by-model forecast includes installation rates and production volumes for driver, passenger, front seat seat & door-mounted side impact, rear seat seat & door mounted side impact, curtains and knee bolster airbag modules for North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa-Middle East regions.
This study includes over 150 competitive intelligence profiles of airbag industry system and component suppliers. These profiles include information regarding each company’s history, ownership structure, products, customers, market position, organizational structure, corporate headquarters and production locations and analysis. Extensive in-depth profiles of Autoliv Inc., TRW Automotive, Robert Bosch, Continental Corporation, Takata Corporation, Key Safety Systems, Denso Corporation, Toyoda Gosei and Freescale Semiconductor are the cornerstone of this study section.
Study Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
Chapter 2 – Global Airbag Industry Market Trends & Analysis
Chapter 3 – Global Airbag Product Technology Analysis
Chapter 4 – Global Airbag Module & Component Industry Forecast
- North America Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- South America Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- Western Europe Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- Central & Eastern Europe Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- Asia-Pacific Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- Africa-Middle East Regional Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
- Global Light-Vehicle Airbag Forecast
Chapter 5 – Vehicle Manufacturer Profiles
Asia-Pacific Vehicle Manufacturers
- Chana Automotive
- Chongqing Lifan
- Great Wall
- Shangdong Kaima
- Tata Motors
European Vehicle Manufacturers
- BMW AG
- Daimler AG
- Fiat SpA
- Porsche AG
- Peugeot/Citroen (PSA)
- Renault SA
- Volkswagen AG
North American Vehicle Manufacturers
- Chrysler Corporation (Fiat SpA)
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
Chapter 6 – Global Airbag Module/Component Suppliers – Top Supplier Profiles
- Autoliv Inc.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Key Safety Systems
- Mitsubishi Electric Co., Ltd.
- Robert Bosch Corporation
- Takata Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei
- TRW Automotive
Chapter 7 – Airbag Component Supplier Profiles
Asia-Pacific Airbag Component Suppliers
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Ashimori Industry Co., Ltd.
- Calsonic Kansei
- China National Bluestar (Group) Corporation
- Chukoh Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- Daicel Chemical Industries Ltd.
- East Joy Long Airbag Motor Co. Ltd.
- Gaotian (Shanghai) Automobile Safety Device Co., Ltd.
- Global Tek (wuxi) Co. , Ltd.
- Fujitsu TEN Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric
- Hanwha Group
- Hyosung Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis
- Jilin Fu’ao Automobile Parts Co., Ltd
- Jinzhou Jinheng Automotive Safety Systems Co., Ltd.
- Keihin Corporation
- KOLON Industries, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Mosa Industrial
- Nihon Plast Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Automotive
- Renesas Technology Corporation
- S&T Daewoo Corporation
- SABIC Innovative Plastics
- Shanghai TRW Automotive Safety Systems Co., Ltd.
- Shin-Etsu Group
- Sumisho Airbag Systems Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd.
- Taihang Changqing Automotive Safety Equipment (Suzhou) Co.., Ltd.
- Teijin Ltd.
- Tokai Rika Co., Ltd.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Toyobo Corporation
- Toyota Tsusho Corporation
- Xi’an Qinghua Vehicle Safety Systems Co., Ltd
- Wonder Auto Technology Inc.
- Yanfeng Key (Shanghai) Automotive Safety Systems Co., Ltd.
European Airbag Component Suppliers
- Adval Tech Group
- Advanced Label Technologies B.V.
- BASF AG
- Bayer Corporation
- Benteler Tube Management
- BS&B Automated Safety Components Ltd.
- Burkon Alutech GmbH
- Car Trim Group
- DHD Technology GmbH & Co .KG
- DSM Engineering Plastics
- Electrovac AG
- EM Technologies
- Framatome Connectors International (FCI)
- FLAMMPRECOMP GmbH & Co. KG
- Groupe SNPE
- Hirtenberger Automotive Safety GmbH Co. & KG
- IEE S.A.
- I.G Bauerhin Gmbh
- Imeco AM
- Indet Safety Systems
- Infineon Technologies AG
- iSi Automotive GmbH
- Neuman Aluminum
- Nexis Fibers AG
- N.V. Bekaert S.A.
- Polyamide High Performance GmbH
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch AG
- Quadrant CMS
- Rhodius GmbH
- Rhodia Group
- Schlesinger GmbH
- Schott Electronic Packaging Group
- SDI-Molan GmbH Co. & KG
- Sioen Industries
- Tenaris S.A.
- Voestalpine AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Zodiac Automotive
North American Airbag Component Suppliers
- ABC Group
- AB Tube Processing, Inc.
- ACS Industries, Inc.
- Advanced Elastomer Systems
- Am-Safe Commercial Products
- Amphenol Corporation
- Analog Devices Inc.
- ARC Automotive, Inc.
- Ascend Performance Materials
- Avery Dennison
- Bradford Industries, Inc.
- Brainin Advance Industries, LLC
- CTS Corporation
- Delphi Automotive
- Dow Automotive
- Dow Corning
- DuPont Automotive
- Elesys North America Inc.
- FlexPoint Sensor Systems
- GKN Sinter Metals
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Drawform
- Island Pyrochemical Industries (IPI)
- ITG Automotive Safety
- Johnson Controls
- Lydall Automotive
- Metex Corporation
- Microsys Technologies Inc.
- Momentive Performance Materials
- National Standard Company
- Neaton Auto Products Manufacturing Inc.
- Performance Fibers
- Pridgeon & Clay
- Special Devices Inc. (SDI)
- Teknor Apex
- Tyco Electronics
- Unifrax Corporation
Subscribing clients receive the following study program deliverables:
- One (1) DVD electronic copy of the 5,000 page The Global Automotive Airbag Market Outlook Study
- One (1) DVD electronic copy of all study documents including all Adobe Acrobat and MS Excel files.
- One (1) year subscription to the Valient Automotive Daily Airbag Alert News Service for an unlimited quantity of corporate recipients.
- One (1) two-hour executive presentation of the study results via GoToMeeting from study author and noted airbag industry expert Scott D. Upham
- One (1) year customer support.
The Global Automotive Airbag Market Outlook Study Program Order Form – The Global Automotive Airbag Market Outlook Study Program — Order Form — Valient Automotive Market Research
About the Author
Scott D. Upham is the Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer of Valient Automotive Market Research.
With over twenty-five years of automotive and airbag industry experience, Scott is a respected global business expert and former Fortune 500 executive. From small business to international corporations, he puts his extraordinary research & management consulting knowledge and entrepreneurial skills into play, launching ventures blending his unique leadership perspectives, insights into product & service development, B2C/B2B marketing prowess and an affinity for social media.
Scott is a leading automotive industry expert, cited in numerous books, magazines and newspapers worldwide including The Wall Street Journal, Automotive News, Bloomberg and Reuters and a frequent guest and commentator, having appeared on National Public Radio’s All Things Considered, among others. With a strong following in business and social media communities, he’s recognized as one of the top influencers in the global automotive safety industry.
Valient Automotive Airbag Alert Service
The Valient Automotive Airbag Alert service helps global OEM vehicle manufacturers and automotive suppliers monitor airbag industry events, product developments and competitive intelligence. For this service, Valient’s market analysts electronically monitor all of the world’s major newswires, news providers and industry websites for the latest automotive competitive intelligence data.
This cost-effective product provides lightning quick coverage of the global automotive airbag industry and saves our clients thousands of dollars by eliminating man-hours spent in data collection, sorting and routing of competitive intelligence data. Clients are provided this critical market data electronically via e-mail on a daily basis.
This product includes information regarding OEM safety topics, airbag supplier product developments, executive appointments, new production facility opening & closures, patent filings, awarded contracts, financial disclosures, supply agreements, regulatory changes and industry wide safety news. This product is published in English and provides coverage of over 150 countries from around the world.
The Valient Airbag Alert Service Order Form – Valient Automotive Airbag Alert Service — Order Form
Valient Airbag Supplier Profiles
Valient Airbag Supplier Profiles contain in-depth competitive intelligence and insightful analysis on the world’s leading airbag module and component suppliers. Senior automotive executives at vehicle manufacturers, systems & component suppliers and the global investment community utilize Valient Airbag Supplier Profiles for merger & acquisition prospecting, competitive threat analyses and joint venture partner searches.
These profiles contain corporate history, organizational structure, recent financial performance, ownership status, key executive profiles, business operations, plant detail, joint ventures, alliances, licensing agreements, research & development activities, current and advanced product lineup and legal issues. These profiles also include:
- Current/future market strategies and market position
- Competitive strengths, core competencies, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis)
- Current OEM customer relationships
- Product technology levels
- Business operations by region, including production operations, employment levels, union affiliations, joint ventures and current business by vehicle platform
- Detailed financial analysis including sales projections, market value, key ratios and revenue projections
- Profiles of corporate executives
- Research & development activities, including current staffing levels and projects under development.
- Legal issues, including lawsuits, recalls, patents and product licenses
- Potential market events, possible merger & acquisition scenarios and potential product mix changes.
Valient Airbag Industry Consulting
Valient Airbag Industry Consulting is led by Scott D. Upham, founder and principal of Valient Market Research, an independent market research and strategic management consulting firm. Based at the company’s global headquarters in Rochester, New York, Upham is a widely-recognized airbag industry authority, experienced management consultant and author of several airbag industry studies.
Prior to founding Valient Market Research, Upham was senior vice president for Harris Interactive based in Rochester, New York and senior director of global forecasting at J.D. Power and Associates. Upham began his twenty-two year career with Ford Motor Company’s purchasing and marketing divisions and held senior marketing posts with automotive suppliers TRW Vehicle Safety Systems Inc., Kelsey-Hayes and Takata Corporation.
An oft-quoted source to major media outlets like the Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, Le Monde, Handlesblatt, Nikkei Daily, USA Today, Financial Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Automotive News and National Public Radio, Upham has provided specialized market research and proprietary management consulting to numerous airbag industry companies worldwide and is a frequent airbag industry conference presenter.
Valient Airbag Industry Consulting Services include:
- Airbag System & Component Technology Assessment
- Airbag System & Component Sourcing Analyses
- Airbag System & Component Forecasts
- Product & Concept Development